It started with a simple how-to video. I knew our software could be more intuitive, but I also knew our team contended with a daily barrage of phone calls—the majority of which posed the same question:
How do I submit my work?
The process was simple enough to walk through within a few minutes for most, but the sheer volume of calls made it impossible to do much else.
So I made a video.
Within a few short months, I realized the impact content could make on a business.
My simple how-to video earned more than 50 thousand views.
You can guess what this meant for our inbound call volume.
Working in customer service offers an unparalleled view of the challenges inherent to running a business. My stint in B2B and SaaS support emboldens me with:
Relevant, real-world experience
- 8 years in SaaS / 6 years in B2B tech / 3 years in B2B content marketing.
- A sense of what is obvious (and uninteresting) to tech leaders as well as what is interesting, educational, or noteworthy.
- First-hand experience and understanding of the challenges between sales and marketing, sales and support, and support and product.
A customer-centric approach to writing
- Supporting customers with varying levels of tech proficiency taught me how to tailor my message for maximum clarity—but there’s a fine line between being clear and respecting audience intelligence. I work hard to find the sweet spot.
- Expertise and authenticity can be approximated if you interview experts, engage with the right communities, and know your way around search. I do.
- I take great pride in my work. To date, the “worst” feedback I’ve received from a client is: “It’s pretty good.”
Now I’m on a mission to help B2B technology companies improve and scale content to expand their audience, deepen relationships, and grow their business.
Your business is probably a good fit if:
- You believe content marketing is a long-term investment, not an overnight remedy.
- You have a content strategy, content marketing plan, or content calendar in play.
- You believe in a healthy balance of SEO, thought leadership, and brand-building content.
- You have a good sense of your company’s personality or brand and value prop, and you can articulate this in content briefs.
- You value good writing and respect the time and costs associated with it.
Sound like you?
Dania McDermott is a New York City-based content marketer and freelance writer who helps B2B SaaS companies earn the attention and credibility they deserve. Some might even say she’s “sharp,” “talented,” and “surprisingly silly.”
Get in touch with Dania.